Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Session with a Spiritual Director

with Fr. Edward, S.J.

Talked about my family history, my relationship with my mom and with Dave. We talked about mine and mom's mental and emotional issues, and the hardships that we went through.
We talked extensively about my temper, and the things I might do to manage it including; working with the kids. Finding ways that they can help me. Working with Celeste. Making her the referee. If she calls a HOLD then it's a HOLD. Talked a little bit about prayer. To my children I am to be Father, Priest, and King.

We spoke of +RAPHAEL+ and my experiences with Him. That was difficult for me, and Edward chided me a bit for my concern over confiding to a priest. He recommended me to read Ezk 1-2.

We talked a bit about vocation and my call towards priesthood. Obviously the Jesuits are out of the question. He advised me to follow the idea that man was created to Praise, Reverence, and Serve the Lord. That is first. The consider what work will help me on towards that.

All in all it was a very helpful meeting, and I am thankful to God for it.

+PAX+

No comments:

Post a Comment