Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Retreat Day 1 - 01 November 2012

Ignatius Hose Jesuit Retreat Center
November 1-4, 2012

Arrived around 1545 and got settled in. They were very gracious about moving me to a downstairs room when they say me walking with my cane.

Rested, for a bit, then wandered the grounds, the bookstore, and the library, then retired to my quarters to meditate.

Attended 1730 All Saints Day Mass. Very nice. I had very little trouble following along, even without a guidebook. Not so unlike Anglican Mass. I felt no stress to "keep up". I just flowed with it as the spirit moved me.

This is an absolutely beautiful place. Celeste- I cannot wait for you to see it.

The main Chapel sits on the edge of the bluff over the Chattahoochee River. The whole back wall is glass so that you are looking out into the canopy of the trees. The sun setting in the tree tops was beautiful.

Off to the Social.

Very noisy. Met a woman from South Carolina named Diane. Very nice woman. Cancer survivor. Excellent conversation. Told her a little about my history. This was her second trip here to the Ignatius House.
Great food!

After the Social we met at the Chapel for the official start of the retreat with an Orientation Lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment