Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

What Days do Glorious Wonders Seek...

What days do Glorious Wonders seek,
When what we seek are days of glorious wonder?
What does God wonder,
Even as we wander in the wonderment of God?

I cry out to you, ADONAI!
As my sleep is broken, and I wake.
Not to the morning sun, or from the dark of night,
But to the dawn of my realization of You.

Walk with me oh, Lord,
As I put my foot upon the path that you have laid before me.
Into realms unknown by man, nor beast, nor God?
For into a new world we tread,
A world created by You through me,
and I through You.
Together, forever...

+AMEN+

Arin Michael Dove, 2012


This poem was written near the conclusion of my weekend retreat at the Ignatius House. For me it sums up the whole of my experience over the past four days. I even managed to work up the nerve to get up and read it aloud to the congregation at our final meeting on Sunday.
Thank you everyone at The Ignatius House Retreat Center, and thank you everyone who came this weekend seeking God. Every one you you touched my spirit in some way.
May God keep you all in good Grace.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and heart felt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It really sums up the experience of my weekend at the Ignatius House retreat. :-)+

    ReplyDelete