Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Visions

When I was about 12, I went to an intensive (a very compact retreat) at the Ashram where my father and step-mother attended. During one of the meditations, I had a vision of the Blue Pearl. This was considered among the highest achievements of Siddha Yoga meditative practice. Consequently, I was told that I could not have had that vision at such a young age, and that I must have imagined it. Needless to say, I was crushed, but I never said anything about it again. Since then, I have experienced "Kundalini"rushes... incidents where my field of vision will fill with brilliantly glowing gold sparks. I have never told anyone bout this either, but I have experienced them to this day.
At my retreat in November, during two different meditations, I had very clear visions. Not like the imaginings of the minds eye when ones eyes are closed, but more of a being present in the same space as that which you are seeing.

Please forgive my sorrowful attempts to translate what I saw onto paper, and perhaps someday I will sit down and recreate the images, but in the meantime:

In this vision, I was standing at the bottom of a rocky and leaf strewn (like in late autumn) hill, looking up at a cave. The perspective in this image is terrible. The bottom row of stones would have been the leading edge of the ledge, and the other stones, set back and being the edges of the mouth of the cave. The interior of the cave was impenetrable black, and blocking the entrance was a cross of white wood.

In another vision, during a different meditation, I saw a candle in the darkness, radiating a circle of light (as a candle might do in a fog), but the gradients between the levels of emanation were almost tangible:





Then, the candle changed into the head of an iron spear, and the colour of the light changed from whitish blue, to red:




I do not have interpretations for these visions. I only have that they were, and that they were strong enough with me to inspire me to sketch them up.

1 comment:

  1. I still keep them quiet too. It's almost like a daydream I am compelled to let finish.
    When others are present, sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.
    We as a population discount visions too easily.

    ReplyDelete