Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

5:55am haunting...

5:55am... already awake but back in bed with C. A very clear and distinct "Hey." is whispered just above head level in the bedroom. "What?" "What what." You just said "Hey" in my ear." "Umm... no, I didn't, but I heard it too." Then "Hey." again. "There it was again." "I know, I heard it too." Quick analysis of the house determines that all three boys are still in bed and asleep. Dismiss as house noise and missing Boo noises. A few minutes later, I am up and dressed. As I walk through the sewing room heading for coffee, the sound of someone untangling themselves from the mess and and following behind be is heard. Enough so that I startle and my hackles raise.

!@#$ Not a fan of this sort of nonsense at anytime, but especially not before coffee. No, it was not Boo or Murphy or Alister. But it seems to be handled now.

6 comments:

  1. Your house has always been haunted my dear. At least this one seems to be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was new. It was not Alister (who interaqcts more with Celeste than me), or the Old Woman (who is silent), or the Old Man (who only comes when there are physical changes being made to the house, and he is Hostile (with a capital H), and very distinct. This was something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Murphy passed, you got a new spirit (a cat wasn't it?). Now boo has passed and once again you have a new spirit. Is this a case of something coming back to this world whenever some one leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't believe in ghosts...just demons...but, then that makes me a downer in this whole thing, doesn't it? But, you said share you thoughts on God...so my thought is this...if there's eternal bliss and punishment - why would anyone want to leave bliss to mess around down here...I wouldn't think anyone would be allowed to leave the punishment...and why would God leave spirits here on earth? I know, I know...I'm too much of a Biblical literalist...but, hey, it's who I am...next time it happens, stop and pray right where it is...speak the name of Jesus...see what happens...just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never "seen" the cat. Only Celeste has. This one was "human"... Son of a !@#$. Just the day before I was taking to the neighbor about the teenager who committed suicide in the house across the street. He said that the house had been active lately and had been attracting attention. Might be a connection there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy- Before I address your point, I am going to ask you to stop apologizing for your viewpoints and opinions. Either make them and be confident in them, or do not make them. Thank you.

    Now, there are various levels of "hauntings". The ones we seem to encounter here (or at least this one, the Old Man, and Alister) are "active" haunting. Ghosts are not spirits returned (from Heaven or Hell, as you like), they are spirits that never made it there. Ghosts, very nearly by their own definition, are spirits stuck between. Why is the bigger question, and how do we help them home.

    ReplyDelete