Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

A dream in black and white

I had a dream the other night that I had awakened in the morning and was sitting on my the edge of the bed. I think I was getting, or preparing to get dressed, when Celeste handed me my shirt. It was a Roman collar shirt. I broke down into tears, both sadness and joy because I realized at that moment that I truly wanted to be a priest. Joy because in the dream, it was like it had already happened and Celeste was handing me my shirt to wear for the first time. Sadness because I have all but given up on that particular pursuit. Now I don't know what to do.
I forgot about the dream until last night when I was telling Celeste about something I was reading from The Jesuit Guide. I went to tell her about it, but she had already fallen asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment