Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dream of the Holy Spirit

I had a dream last night that I was praying in the Chapel of Peace at my church. I was on my knees in front of the alter, and I had the realization that I have been able to kneel recently without much pain. (I have not been able to kneel on both knees since my knee surgery in 2007.) In my dream, I remembered that I had in fact been kneeling in front of the same alter one night asking God to take away my knee and foot pain, and at the same time arguing with myself about my doubt of that actually happening. In the dream, as I was remembering this, the monstrance came ablaze with a pewter coloured light. At the same time, a gold cross (not a crucifix) on the alter (one that is not normally there) alit with fire. It was not in an ominous way that we normally think of a burning cross, but a fire of the Holy Spirit, akin to the flame of the burning bush of the Moses (or so the conversation in my head (in the dream) went).
I woke up with a very clear memory of the dream, and it has stuck with me all day. I do not normally remember my dreams at all, only that I did dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment