Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

PRAYER IN DISCOURAGEMENT

PRAYER IN DISCOURAGEMENT

My Jesus, relieve me of my discouragement. My devotion has vanished; spiritual thoughts no longer soothe my troubled soul. Even the remembrances of Your passion and of Your Blessed Mother grow dim before my vision. 
O Jesus, do not forsake me. Help me, help me! I am resolved not to omit a single one of my devotions.
 Hear me, O my God, strengthen and increase my faith. Keep me from yielding to temptation. You said, “My yoke is sweet; my burden is light.” Have mercy on me, for wheresoever I turn I see only obstacles and difficulties. Were my faith strong I would accept my trials; but alas, I feel only impatience, doubt and discouragement. My soul, hold fast to Jesus. How faint-hearted and childish I am! All my comfort, all my joy must come from You. Bring me closer to You when temptations assail me. Help me not to fail. 
O Lord, my God, I cast myself entirely into Your Hands. Worn out by the struggle, I will rest beneath Your cross; pray for me in my desolation of soul. Jesus, be merciful to me. 
Amen.

Saint John Neumann (1811-1860)

2 comments:

  1. Shows to go ya! We all have our challenges. A test of faith, perhaps. But I find it is normal for our devotion to ebb and wain.
    So long as the core of our belief, "there is God", and love for our brother remain. All will work out. We must all bear our crosses.

    ReplyDelete