Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Unorthodox Christianity by Dennis Wheeler

An excerpt from the blog of one Dennis Wheeler. I could not have summed up my feelings on this better myself. Thank you Dennis for your insight.



After years of thought and pondering, I have come to view my faith as one of what I have deemed to call "Unorthodox Christianity". To understand, I need to define the word "Christianity", for I find this moniker to be one much misaligned and misused in the common culture of my present world.

  "Take care not to be deceived, for many will come in my name saying "I am he..."

The prevalence of the name/word "CHRIST" as the religious banner of so many institutions, from the Catholic Church to the Mormon Zionist culture, and the adaption as revelation of the teachings of Jesus as developed into Mohammedism and Neo-Judaism (Talmud), the term Christian is often cloudy in definition.

For the purposes of definition for my own personal belief: Christianity refers to a belief system based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, son of Mary and Joseph, a carpenter's son, purported to be the Christ, the saving spiritual son of God, manifest in the flesh to extend to us the wisdom and  teaching of God, represented by him in his teaching as "father"

Jesus was the spiritual son of God, manifest in the physical son of Joseph and Mary, utilizing that vessel as the medium through which to teach us the mysteries of our existence that our religions had attempted to define.

From that broad definition, my own definition of Christian: One who believes in, and strives to adhere to the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ.

Notice I say: "strives to adhere to" the teachings of Jesus, all of us fall short of the spiritual maturity that Jesus attained. One must always be striving to attain to be a Christian in Jesus' image by this definition.

The basis for any "judgement" of authenticity: striving in adherence to Jesus' most fundamental teaching:
Love One Another.

No comments:

Post a Comment