Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

In a nut-shell...

It is interesting, going back through the journal that I have been keeping for the last few years, how some of my viewpoints have changed. Some of them in major ways, some of them very subtly. **All posts prior to this moment (and this moment... and this moment...) are subject to change in perspective without notice (although I will try to keep up with them as best I can.)**

I thought it might be pertinent to give a little background information on who I am and why I am doing this.
I was raised in a non religious family. Both of my parents (my Mom and Step Dad) are agnostic. I spent my summers in New York (with my Dad and Step Mom) from the age of six to sixteen in a Hindu Ashram.
I went to church occasionally as a child; Catholic Church when I would spend the weekend at my best friends house, and Southern Baptist church when I would spend time with any of my varied grand and great-grandparents.
As a teenager, I started studying the occult, and western European pagan religions. I spent well over fifteen years as a practicing Wiccan/Pagan, going so far as to very nearly completing formal studies to become a Wiccan High Priest.
I was introduced to Scientology in in the late 90's, and found that it changed my perspectives on things. A lot of Scientology makes sense, and there are still a lot of its premises and practices that I still adhere to. (You may be surprised at how much Scientology has in common with the underlying ideas of paganism and even Christianity). I left off being an active Scientologist due to my disagreements with the church's administration.
In the Spring of 2007, I had an incident (or a series of incidents) that changed everything, both in my spiritual life and in my physical life (more on this in a future post). This led me, over the last five years, over a very rocky path to where I am now.
Ultimately, this journal will go back to that first incident in the Spring of 2007, in hopes that I may make some sort of sense of it all.
I am not here to preach the Gospel. I am not here to proselytize. I am here to talk about my experiences. Perhaps through others reading this blog, they will provide insight that will further my spiritual journey. And perhaps my experiences will help others with theirs.

2 comments:

  1. I've known you for three years, and never knew that your personal spiritual quest had covered such ground! I applaud your tenacity (although that you are tenacious is no surprise) and the depth of your pursuit. I do have one question though: did you ever investigate Buddhism?

    Just my enquiring mind at work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I can't really say that I have.

    ReplyDelete