Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Your salvation is not a foregone conclusion.

Your salvation is not a foregone conclusion.
I wonder if the downfall of otherwise would-be "good Christians" is in their arrogance of assuming that they; by their deeds, thoughts, and what they believe to be their Faith; are already "saved."
It seems to me that the "fear of God" is not fear of retribution by way of fire & brimstone and pillars of salt, but in living each moment of every day in the knowledge that your salvation is NOT a foregone conclusion.

2 comments:

  1. Where's that like button.

    Fear of God is not *fear* IMO it's more a recognition of the fact that He *is* a Holy God and we are so not worthy of anything -- let alone to be in His Presence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of the phrase "not worthy" as it says I am trash, no matter what I do. Unable to withstand the glory- that shows might without me feeling belittled-

    ReplyDelete